About Elite Consulting Ltd
Elite Consulting Ltd are product development management & engineering consultants established in 1993, based in Northampton in the UK.
Our mission is to help companies, particularly small & medium enterprises in the UK, to improve their new product development performance.
In our management consultancy we help companies to improve their business processes, by a combination of on-site consultancy and training in:
- New product design and development (NPD) processes
- Project management
- Product portfolio management
- Quality techniques such as
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) consultancy, facilitation & training
Our principal aim is to help small and medium companies in the UK to be more competitive by designing and making better products.
To this end a large part of this web site contains general information about different kinds of processes, and we are building a library of articles about those processes that you can download for free.
For those companies that want a more personal touch we offer training and consultancy in a number of these processes and techniques. Unlike some consultancies, we are not dogmatic. We do not believe in thrusting a certain methodology down your throat. Instead we prefer to work with you and pick and choose the most appropriate methods for you size, industry and culture, and then adapt and improve them so that you are comfortable with the end result.
We also have an engineering consultancy, which can be found at www.elite-consulting.co.uk
In our engineering consultancy we specialise in:
- Stress analysis & finite element analysis (FEA)
- Dynamic analysis; vibration analysis and analysis of mechanisms.
- Training & consultancy in Creo Simulate & Pro/MECHANICA finite element analysis software.
- Training & consultancy in Creo Simulate & Pro/Engineer CAD software
Formed in 1993 by the ex-Chief Engineer – Body & Chassis Design and Programme Manager for Lotus Engineering, Ray Ellender, Elite Consulting has helped customers large and small in many industries since that time. The combination of highly experienced engineers who use powerful tools and techniques to find practical solutions to engineering problems, and keeping up to date with modern techniques, such as PRINCE2® project management and Lean Six Sigma is a very powerful one.
A background in automotive engineering led Elite into working on a number of significant project management assignments for leading motor manufacturers and an appreciation of the importance of having a good process to control new product developments.
Over the years we have been engaged on a number of significant project management assignments & feasibility studies for leading automotive manufacturers, advised companies on how to improve their NPD process, facilitated design and process FMEAs for automotive and other industries and stress analysed numerous components. These have included
- Development of an improved NPD process for a defence company
- NPD process consultancy for a specialist automotive company
- Development & implementation of an improved NPD process for a utility component company
- NPD process consultancy for a food company
- Project management of new car programmes
- Project management training for a specialist automotive company
- Feasibility study for a new entry into a specialist market
- FMEA consultancy for an optical medical device company
- FMEA training for an automotive supplier
- FMEA consultancy for a financial services company
- FMEA training for a heavy industry company
- FMEA consultancy for a utility-related company
- FMEA consultancy for hybrid vehicle & system manufacturers plus many others